Bishop Callahan Installation Vespers

Vespers for the feast of St Lawrence are beautiful.  Archbishop Listecki, Bishop Morlino, and Bishop Ricken(I think) were in attendance.  An amazing homily was given by newly ordained Fr. Paul Hoffmann.  The Conventional Friars were wearing black(I think they just wear the habit for ceremonial purposes).  The minor organ is complete(there is no main organ right now because it is being replaced).  I took photos but the dark Cathedral prevents almost any shot with motion.  I'll see what I can get tomorrow. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! That is a hard place to photograph with the dim lighting. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos - I think the interplay of light and shadow enhances the sense of the transcendent.

That is Bishop Ricken in the alb and stole. C'mon Badger Catholic, you need to learn all your Badger state bishops ;) The other prelate is Bishop Lee Piche', Auxiliary of Minn./St. Paul.

Badger Catholic said...

LOL, yes, you are right Anon. I know them by name but not by sight... I'll have to get some flash cards out. Thanks for the info.

Shadows are nice except when you need to take an action shot, then it looks like maybe Bishop Schwebach's ghost may be in choir! :)

Alive in HOPE! said...

These are some of the best photographs I've seen taken inside the cathedral. Thank you for sharing them! : )