The ultrasound that changed my life - Abby Johnson's new book

Note: The following is the first chapter of Abby Johnson’s forthcoming book. To find out more about the book, which will be released January 11, click here.

January 10, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - CHERYL POKED HER HEAD INTO MY OFFICE. “Abby, they need an extra person back in the exam room. Are you free?”
I looked up from my paperwork, surprised. “Sure.”

Though I’d been with Planned Parenthood for eight years, I had never been called into the exam room to help the medical team during an abortion, and I had no idea why I was needed now. Nurse-practitioners were the ones who assisted in abortions, not the other clinic staff. As director of this clinic in Bryan, Texas, I was able to fill in for any position in a pinch, except, of course, for doctors or nurses performing medical procedures. I had, on a few occasions, agreed at a patient’s request to stay with her and even hold her hand during the procedure, but only when I’d been the counselor who’d worked with her during intake and counseling. That was not the case today. So why did they need me?
Continue at LifeSiteNews

... whew....  it's too hard to read at work.  I pre-ordered the book and have it at home.  I might start reading this weekend.  Marquette teachers advocates for what happens in this story.  Professedly Catholic nuns advocate for this story, paid for by our tax dollars.  Order the book and read it lest someone pour honey in our ears and talk about dialog and abortion reduction.  God have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just bought a digital copy. I've seen her in interviews. She is a true gift of hope for all of us who sometimes get overwhelmed by bleakness of the abortion culture.