Teachers unions: Show us your bank accounts!

Never, ever, ever give out your bank account number to anyone. Just sayin'. And don't get Alinksy-ed. Photo: From a March 5, 2011 union rally in Madison.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
Teachers unions are asking teachers for bank account information so their union dues can automatically be deducted once the state collective bargaining law goes into effect later this month.

The Wisconsin Education Association Council has asked school districts for teachers' home addresses -- both email and street addresses -- so local union leaders can contact them directly, as the new law states school districts no longer may collect union dues on behalf of unions through payroll deductions.

Teachers now will have the option of whether to continue paying dues.

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

WE Energies asked for my bank account information when I agreed to automatic payment. It's a routine transaction these days. Of course, you only give the information to those you authorize to bill you.

My cell phone is, instead, charged to a credit card. Possibly the Teachers Union would do better to make arrangements with PayPal. I make a small portion of my income writing for a service that prefers to pay me that way, and I'm sure union dues could be handled in the same manner.