Wiggy: I’m Catholic. We don’t elect religious leaders.

Congressman Michele Bachmann is getting some negative publicity over the beliefs of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Apparently they’re not big fans of the Pope, and even refer to him as the Antichrist. I understand at least one Lutheran leader was so upset at the Catholic Church he vandalized a church door in Germany.

I’m surprised he wasn’t prosecuted for a hate crime.

For the record, I have seen all three of the original Omen movies, and the Pope looks nothing like the Antichrist.

continue at Wigderson Pub

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

If Bachmann wants to inject her spiritual precepts into a political campaign, she'll have to take the consequences. In the good old days, it was considered impolite to ask.

I often visit a WELS church, where I am not welcome for communion, for all kinds of good reasons, and technically they do still maintain that Rome is the Whore of Babylon, which I think is a bit contrived. But, they proudly show little church news movies featuring Roman Catholic members of the school accreditation board praising they way they infuse their spirituality into their teaching.

I always thought that Damien in Omen III resembled George W. Bush, not the Pope.