Madison WYD pilgrims meet others from around the world

Pilgrims from Hong Kong, China, cheer as they walk to the Opening Mass of World Youth Day in the center of Madrid.
We located a small cafe on a side street and were welcomed by the owner, who came to speak with us (our Spanish combined with his English made for a fascinating, if marginally comprehensible dialogue) and take our orders. We took one of the lunches back to Fr. Eric, who had been left by our distinctive Wisconsin “cow flag” and the guitar.

After lunch, I was on a mission to receive my press pass to allow me closer access to the large events, but by the time we got there the line was to the street. I must admit that the organization of this WYD, that I have seen so far, has not been perfect and often seemingly last minute. After two hours in line I received accreditation and we departed to meet up with the Camino group, which was expected to reunite with us at Plaza de Castillo in the north of the city in order to receive their pilgrim information.
more at Madison Journey of Faith

No comments: