"Crucifield ghoul" in Hopkins, MN to protest Marriage Amendment

A lady called the office Thursday to report a home in Minnetonka near Hopkins on Minnetonka Blvd, just west of Hwy 169 (at Chippewa Road) that the Halloween decorations at the home include a "crucified "death's head" ghoul (dressed in modern clothing), and an OutFrontMN campaign sign for the Marriage Protection Amendment campaign.

I drove out and took a few pictures.

In a way, it might be difficult to beat them on the "blasphemy" charge, but since they scream "homophobe" and "hatespeech" at the drop of a hat, why can't we? I'd be willing to go to the Minnetonka City Council meeting to raise the issue.

You know that if it were a Black person or Muhammad on that cross, this would be national news!

And I'm pretty sure that "Chippewa" is a derogatory word to Ojibway/Anishinbe Native Americans.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Ojibway, and I can at least give you assurance that "Chippewa" isn't derogatory. In fact, most of our legal tribal names have "Chippewa" in them.

Anonymous said...

It's a scarecrow. Wow, it's not all about you. Think just a little before you post.

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt. I understand where you're coming from. Since you were there taking pictures, maybe you noticed the house had an abundance of Halloween decorations. Between the time you posted your article, and last night (Halloween) the number of decorations minimally doubled. Or more. Probably much, much more!!

Complain to the City Council if you want. But if you do about Halloween decorations, then that opens the door to Thanksgiving, Easter and even Christmas decoration bans.

Besides, don't we lead by EXAMPLE instead of by LEGISLATION?

I know the owner. Although your viewpoints differ on the subject of Gay Marriage, I think you would find him a credit to the human race. A man who lives the high morals of God's and man's laws. A man who, in my *reasonably* knowledgeable opinion, is a better neighbor than many in the Holy Family or St Joseph's congregations.

Finally, on a lighter note: I'm of Norwegian descent. I personally find it offensive that the Minnesota NFL team is named after my forebearers. Not that I mind the name, just that the TEAM is a lousy representative of my heratige! :-)

Anonymous said...

Get a grip on reality! Looks to me like Halloween decorations. I think you should pay more attention to young alter boys being molested in the church by their Preists.