Christmas angels

I got an email from my great uncle.  I thought it was worth sharing:
Every Christmas season this story of my sister Jean Delores Mathews is remembered in our family.

When Jean young she was hospitalized at St. Francis Hospital in La Crosse for a severe kidney infection (nephritis). Her mother or father would stay overnight with her to comfort her.  Early Christmas morning, between 3:00 and 4:00 am, Jean woke her mother by excitedly calling out.

“Mother! Mother! Can you hear them?  Can you see them?”
“What is it that you hear and see dear Jeanie?”
“The room is full of angels and they are singing the most beautiful music. They have come to take me to Heaven.”

Jean died a few hours later on Christmas morning 1941.  She was 9 years old.

Mother said that the hospital was very quiet and she could neither hear nor see what Jean witnessed, but she knew in her heart that Jean really experienced the Divine a few hours before she would meet Him in person.

No comments: