Roundup: Dunk tank edition

Abp Listecki recount a great story of his time as a parish priest:
My life as a priest intertwined with the ebb and flow of each parish I served. In the suburban parish, summer picnics brought families together to celebrate our common Catholic identity. In the city, parish picnics became parish block parties, with barbequed chicken and a few cold beers.

I fondly remember my parish placing me, a brand new associate, in a dunk tank. Oh, I was a willing participant, as each teenager wanted to be the first to hit the target and send me into the water. For one dollar, each one received three balls, three chances to release the lever, and send me into the tank. As I taunted and cajoled the teens, their frustration grew. Their pitches, wilder and wilder, missed the target left and right. I jeered louder and louder, while proudly sitting completely dry.

Then, a little girl cried out to her dad that she wanted a chance to throw at me, Fr. Jerry. He placed a dollar down, granting his daughter’s request. This child, who appeared to be about 6 years of age, took her shot. It was a soft, high, lofty floater—just what you might expect from a kid her age. This high floating ball barely brushed the target, but I suddenly found myself immersed in ice-cold water. The tot’s toss actually hit the mark.
Green Bay diocese wants new trial in civil lawsuit  ...  I'm confused, didn't the plaintiffs give back the money?

Vatican Diary / The "who's who" of the deposed bishops

If the SSPX is normalized, I will go up to the Winona seminary for Mass.  I have never been on the grounds.

My Aunt Jeanne(official Aunt of the BC) and Elizabeth from Laetificat Madison went and found the  Nuns on the Bus tour stop in Janesville.  I'm hoping they took pictures.  Haven't had a chance to touch base.  I'll do a Nuns roundup by the end of the week. 

I'm out next week, and Virginia is out part of the week and BC3 is out all next week..... expect light blogging.  But if something does happen, please email me and I'll post.  I just wont have time to make the rounds on the blogosphere. 

Oh, and sorry if I haven't had a chance to reply to your emails.  I had to completely disassemble the laptop at home.  It was overheating and I have to replace the fan, which requires basically every screw to be removed.  All to replace a $10 fan. 

Photo

No comments: