Appeal for Eastern European pro-life worker


Dr. Lisec: Although I do not practice the medicine
since 1991, from time to time I visit
very poor or very sick people free of charge.
I had this passed on to me about a pro-life worker from Eastern Europe; a Dr. Antun Lisec.
Week ago,I received a letter from my pro-life support organization, that during the next 4 months, their financial support will be significantly reduced, including my salary. I still do not know what will be after 4 monts,. In 1991, I have stopped to work in the hospital and began to work full time pro-life. After 21 years, I do not have doctor's licence and can not go back to work in the hospital, in spite of the specialization in general surgery. Even it would not be good to stop to work pro-life on general field. There are so many needs and duties. Any donations, even small donations would be very helpful.

During the February, I worked mostly in the office. Two of my talks were broadcasted by Radio Maria Ukraine. Every two weeks, I prepare 30 minutes long broadcast by Skype for them.  I also spoke at live program of Croatian Catholic radio and was busy distributing new amounts of pro-life leaflets to collaborators and to doctors and nurses who use them.

I visited many times waiting rooms of gynecology offices bringing pro-life leaflets. There is a danger that new civil law supporting the sins of artificial fertilization and sinful education at schools, will appear in my country and I was busy writing letters agains it to decision making people. I have also sent a letters to approximately 400 parishes and to our bishops.  Every week, at least once, I was visiting waiting rooms of doctors offices (including gynecology) at the closest town, bringing pro-life leaflets.

During the April, I was two times in Ukraine and once in Bosnia and Herzegovina giving lectures.

This time I was invited to speak during the conference about health care in the old age, organized by the biggest Ukrainian Medical Universtity in the town of Kiev.  The beginning oft he conference was at the main auditorium. 400 - 500 doctors, professors and students were present.  After the Rector, Minister of Health Dr. Bohatyriova Raisa spoke, local Orthodox bishop Pavlo, ambasador of Russia, representatives of UNFPA and WHO and two or three doctors more. I was invited to speak after them. That's how I was able to neutralize wrong positions of some of them. Health minister left after their lectures and did not listen my lecture.

The next day I gave five pro-life, pro-chastity lectures more, to 200 or more students of another university, close to Kiev.

Traveling there by underground, I saw the pharmacy. As usually, I gave to the pharmacist leaflets in Ukrainian The Child - Gift of God, with the explanations against the sins of contraception, sterilization, artificial fertilization and killing and told her that it is not alowed to participate in the sins. It's interesting, that traveling back to the hotel in the evening, I saw that this pharmacists is reading my leaflet. I have stopped and gave to her some leaflets and CDs more...I also suggested to her to speak against abortion when somebody asks pregnancy test.
Please pray for Dr. Lisec, and if you can, donations can be sent to (and put a note about Dr. Antun Lisec):

Fr. Peter Fehlner
Franciscans of the ImmaculateP.O. Box 1237
La Crosse WI 54602-1237

No comments: