Oh most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel


Oh most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, blessed Mother of the Son of God, assist me in my necessity.  Oh Immaculate Virgin and Star of the Sea, help me and show me that you are my mother and protector.  Oh Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech from the bottom of my heart to help me in my need for there are none who can withstand your grace.  Help me to obtain assistance in this life, Amen.

The first time I requested to enroll in the Brown Scapular, my parish priest just gave a general blessing to the scapular.  I told him I think there's some enrollment involved.  He said no, a general blessing would do.  I wrote to the Carmelites in Houston, MN for clarification and they photo copied the enrollment out of the Book of Blessings(I think that's where it is) and sent it to me.   In his defense, it had probably been a really long time since anybody had asked him.  I've been enjoying Terry's posts leading up to today.

No comments: