St. Aloysius Church, Sauk City, WI

Forgot I had these. Recently on a trip to KDM we camped at Devils Lake afterwards(it was cold). First Saturday St. Aloysius had some very nice Marian devotions, the Society of Jesus Christ High Priest(Sp) I believe now runs the parish.  A nice parish website has been put together(they even link to Fr. Z's). The parish at my first glance was hideous, but on further look it really looks like parishioners have made an effort to recover the beauty lost here.  Prominent pro-life displays in the back shows that the parish is alive.








The whole set on Flickr

4 comments:

Ben said...

The SJCP is doing great things there. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I hear they have the Vatican II Hymnal, which is also great news.

Kat said...

There was a lot of effort put into updating the look of the church sometime in the late Naught-ies. I can't remember when; I know I did a story on the reredos when it was put in, and the icons out front, but when? Bah, I'm getting old.

Kat said...

*sigh* noughties. Geez, I need an editor.

Badger Catholic said...

If it makes you feel better, I originally called this church "St. Alphonsus" until a kindly reader set me straight. Would like to see the articles if they exist online anywhere...