St. Teresa of Avila, Doctor of the Church, ora pro nobis!

Convent of Santa Teresa, Avila de los Caballeros, Spain
Photograph by Hakan Svensson, 2004
But His Majesty well knows that I can count only upon His Mercy, and, as I cannot apporach God and trust in the merits of His Son, and of the Virgin, His Mother, who habit both you and I unworthily wear. Praise Him, my daughters, for you are really the daughters of Our Lady, and when you have as good a Mother as that there is no reason for you to be scandalized at my unworthiness. Imitate Our Lady and consider how great she must be and what a good thing it is that we have her for our Patroness; even my sins and my being what I am have not been sufficient to bring any kind of tarnish upon this sacred Order. –Page 76
via St. Peter's List

No comments: