Fanatic Friday: And I Feel Fine edition

Big whoop.  Everyone has known SCOTUS was prepared to Roe v Wade marriage.  Providentially there is a Synod on the Family coming up..... *cough*

On what basis can a government define or witness marriage anyway?  Perhaps the appropriate response is to get the gov't out of the marriage business all together.


Also: Bon Jovi in Milwaukee

Update from a friend:
One of the best quotes of the day. Justice Scalia, at footnote 22, ripping into Justice Kennedy comparing his legal reasoning to a fortune cookie:

"If, even as the price to be paid for a fifth vote, I ever joined an opinion for the Court that began: 'The Constitution promises liberty to all within its reach, a liberty that includes certain specific rights that allow persons, within a lawful realm, to define and express their identity," I would hide my head in a bag. The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

2 comments:

TAq said...

How was Chief Justice Roberts a disappointment from your perspective? Was he not one of the dissenting votes?

Badger Catholic said...

Apologies, I mistook him for Kennedy with the previous day's ruling on Obamacare. I'll update appropriately once I have a chance