Priest leaves Milwaukee says "too many obstacles with the archdiocese"

"I'm 50 years old, and I've been here for 10½ years, but there are just too many obstacles with the archdiocese in trying to work with the Hispanic community," he said. "I love being a priest, but the system is choking, so it's time to go."
In a written statement, the archdiocese said: "Father Eleazar has done great work in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee for which we are grateful. His good work will be remembered.
"We hadn't heard that he was going to New Mexico," the statement said, adding that it's up to Perez and his bishop in Mexico. "We wish Father Eleazar continued success in his ministry in the Church wherever he serves the people of God."
Read the whole article at JSOnline

Seems like a strange situation....  I wonder what the rest of the story is.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

I saw him when he was at St Anthony's.

Has a VERY impassioned style of preaching, but that's all I know.

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Yeah, me, too.
Hate to say it...there's always "the rest of story" in these cases.
Archbishop Listecki is not a difficult bishop to work with...Father must have some other things going on...not necessarily bad, mind you.
'Nuf said.