Good take on Archbishop Weakland

I found Weakland to be a sad character in that all he ever wanted in his life was to live out his days in the peace and tranquility of his Benedictine order, where he could study, read, pray, and play his piano. (He is an exceptionally talented musician.) Weakland is basically a quiet academic type, bookish and introverted through and through.

How and why this man became a prominent bishop is beyond me, and quite honestly, if I didn't know better, I almost suspect that he was used like a puppet by Pope Paul VI, who he was close to. In saying this, I know I'm feeding into TRAD-ish territory in believing that Pope Paul VI is almost single-handedly responsible for much of the post-Vatican II rot and ruin in the Church, but I say it nonetheless. Otherwise, there seems no compelling reason why Weakland would be considered bishop material.
Check out the whole article:
Cheeky Pink Girl: Forgot To Mention

No comments: