How not to prepare for Advent

Darkness of our inner depth

Do my fears and anxieties take over my decisions?
Do I allow others to help me in the darkness?

Do I look for the beauty and freedom of the darkness?

As seen at the entrance of Maria Angelorum chapel, by Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in La Crosse.

Um, no thanks, I prefer the Light to the Darkness.  Another unfortunate consequence of their marriage to Reiki. 

Hand-coloured version of the anonymous wood engraving
known as the Flammarion woodcut (1888).

3 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

All this time, I thought John said that the darkness could not overcome the Light.

Sad, very sad.

Terry Nelson said...

Look at this! Larry knew you in 2010.

Anyway - I get the feeling these women are not talking John of the Cross' dark night of the soul here.

Badger Catholic said...

Hahaha, I think this is when I was reading Abbey Roads but to frightened to comment. THEY ARE WATCHING