Laser Monks featured in NCRegister

What does a young Methodist majoring in astrophysics at the Georgia Institute of Technology do for a profession? He could become a Catholic priest, move to a Cistercian abbey and sell inkjet cartridges at a discount. Too far-fetched even to consider? Don’t tell that to Father Bernard McCoy.
In 1984, when Father McCoy was known as Joseph McCoy, he was not content with the anonymous, mechanical...
Alright, I've been meaning to renew my subscription for a while and a really must do it now.  The Register has been getting better and better.  My problem was always that I'd get the print edition at home and there it would sit under the laptop while I'm out on the blogosphere getting my news.  Great articles, just not enough time.  The one and only paper subscription that I do keep up with is This Rock magazine.  I am definitely a Catholic Answers baby.  Not getting adequate catechesis growing up, this fantastic group nurtured this malnourished heathen giving him a healthy mind and soul. 

Back to the Register, they have a great model in place.  Their blog content is free on the web but their print articles are by subscription only.  It makes a lot of sense as the old media model has crumbled under the weight of technology.  The disadvantage of the subscription model, is that it's probably illegal for me to post those articles here for us Badger Catholics.

No comments: