Photos from Cathedral's Cardinal Burke Mass










The whole set is on Cathedral's Facebook page

Some of the shots up by the altar ended up looking like they were taking place within a nuclear reactor.  I'm gonna try fixing that up with Photoshop, but I probably need to figure out how to work my camera.  Like the other article said, there were upwards of 1,000 people in attendance.  WIZM 1410 broadcast the Mass live I guess.  I have the homily on CD, I'll post it once it's available.  Alot of media there, but really minimal coverage it seems like.  Most local TV stations did do briefs on it so they didn't outright ignore it.  Apparently nobody thought it interesting enough to mention how historic it really is, but they did get quotes from all kinds of people how they think His Eminence will be the next pope.   He could be the pope himself and get about the same media coverage I think. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite is the fifth one down. Good close-up shot!

Badger Catholic said...

I took 500 photos to start with but because of the darkness in the building most of them are too blurry to keep. I'm glad the close up worked.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Communion was distributed in the hand. Blech.
I would hope that the good Cardinal would follow the Holy Father's lead and have Communion on the tongue while kneeling.
Oh well. It is still great to see Cardinal Burke come back home.

Badger Catholic said...

He just kept the status quo with the current practice at the Cathedral. He was invited as a guest mind you. At some point the communion rails in the Cathedral were removed and rails were setup that required people to stand while receiving. Those rails are not used for Sunday or Feast Day Mass anyway.