A look back at 2011

The most viewed stories of 2011:

Kloppenburglar throws out Cistercian nun votes
Lambeau Field
How late can abortions be done
Is Aaron Rodgers Catholic?
Listing of Traditional Masses in Wisconsin
30 Hymnals containing hosts
Fr Pat Umberger dies
Our Lady of Spring Bank Abbey shuts doors

And this is just via my stats.

We had some amazing sports stories, from the Packers Super Bowl win to the Brewers high ride to the Badgers run to Big 10 champions.
Scott Walker fixes state budget, people whine about it.  I get an article published on Catholic Vote. 
Milwaukee gets a new Auxiliary Bishop, Madison has an auxiliary bishop emeritus pass away. 
My wife gives birth in our car....
Groups in this state distribute emails telling their followers The Badger Catholic is attacking them. 

I'm sure there's more but I'm sleepy....  I would like to write a bit more actual thoughts this year.  I think I have the copy/paste thing down, it time to expand my blogging skills. 

2011 totals

City Unique Visitors % Visits
Madison 7,430 6.80%
Milwaukee 6,296 5.76%
La Crosse 6,291 5.76%
Chicago, IL 2,113 1.93%
Winona, MN 1,864 1.71%
St Louis, MO 1,579 1.44%
Elm Grove 1,422 1.30%
New York, NY 1,402 1.28%
Washington, DC 1,259 1.15%
Minneapolis, MN 1,132 1.04%

Thanks be to God for 2011 and may your 2012 be blessed.

9 comments:

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

YAY! Deep thoughts?

Badger Catholic said...

More like off the deep end, LOL

Badger Catholic said...

PS> Thanks to Maggie who pointed out that last year was 2011 not 2012!

https://twitter.com/#!/MaggieMelchior/status/155363094669955072

Kat said...

In 2011 Madison had a bishop emeritus (Bishop Bullock) die, not our retired auxiliary (who had died in Nov. 2010).

Steve said...

Madisonians represent!

Badger Catholic said...

Doh! This is what happens when I am writing these posts at midnight.

Al said...

So, am I the only DBQer to read this????

Larry Denninger said...

How many Michigan readers do you have? Do we even matter?

Badger Catholic said...

Okay, I'll post the state rankings tomorrow. I imagine once people see I have Latin Mass times in the sidebar that they stop following so as not to be excommunicated with traddy scum like myself.