Things not to say to a Catholic woman on your first date

I would add to the title: If you're Catholic, and on a date with a Catholic woman... please don't do any of the below.

Or, as Matt suggested, fire them all off in rapid succession and hope for the best.

1. On February 14: "Happy VD Day."
2. The Church's position on married priests is rather outdated, don't you think?
3. Lent... who does that?
4. You have 5 siblings, wow... that's a pretty Catholic family.
5. Opening the priesthood up to women would really help with the priest shortage.
6. SHOTS!
7. I'm thinking about starting a "Catholics for Contraception" group in Milwaukee... and I'm already president of "Catholics for Obama", so why not?
8. I never talk to my mother.
9. Babies are overrated.
10. Those people who are married for decades... how is that possible?

Now, some of you might say, how is it possible that a person could be so oblivious as to say these things? Or, how do you find these people? To that, I have no defense.

Matt's response to #2: "Well are you a priest cause I really want to marry one!"

8 comments:

Badger Catholic said...

Pretty sure I used #6 on my wife.

Virginia Zignego said...

Women do like a fixer-upper project, you know.

Badger Catholic said...

Hahaha. I can't believe you didn't tell the story of which one of these you actually heard recently.

Virginia Zignego said...

What, you don't think I had a really bad weekend comprised of 10 bad dates?

Badger Catholic said...

You red heads are all alike.

Larry Denninger said...

You just gave me an idea for a post. Mwuhaahahahahaaa!

Virginia Zignego said...

Larry -- the male version, yesssss?

GOR said...

Hmmm... It has been so long ago.

I could have used #4 (my wife does have 5 siblings!) but as that was only half the number in my father's family - and her's incidentally - it would not have seemed notable back in the day...