A few things

I saw October Baby last night.  It's good, definitely worth the watch.  The budget of the film was only one million dollars, but for the most part you cant tell.  Also stay and watch the first part of the credits.  I would say better than Bella but not as entertaining as Juno.  The beginning moves kind of slow but the second half picks up.  For those that have seen it, I liked the idea of the cathedral scene, but the dialogue was terrible, and I in fact laughed out loud at the priests final words of consolation.  Overall though I think the movie made up for it's shortcomings with the epic scene toward the end.  October Baby is showing in four cities in Wisconsin, go watch it!

I still have photos from the Milwaukee Men's Conference.  I really am going to post them.

This blogger theme is acting all screwy.  While I work on The Badger Catholic 2.0, I am also going to whip together 1.5 for blogger and make it more basic.  I lost my flickr link on the side too and the Twitter thing goes all nutso.  The day Spirit Daily linked to the Santorum photos we got a ton of hits, second highest traffic day outside of Fr Z linking to Bishop Morlino's letter to Platteville Catholics.

Two awesome resources I came across.  One is AudioSancto.  I'll give you a list that the mysterious E.D. has recommended(my friend Andrea has recommended this site as well).  I think the best one is Our Lady of China. 
Also I found a series of audio lectures by the late great Warren Carroll.  Carroll is not the best orator and at times he is battling a cold but the talks are amazing.  I had never heard of Bonnie Prince Charlie before, nor did I realize how many non-Catholics sing songs about him.  Oh, and if you have not yet heard an account of the death of Rasputin... you must.  Ah, the epic tragedy of Christendom; the greatest tragedy being the heirs of Christendom do not even know her tale.  

The SSPX's recent document “Our First, Most Cherished Liberty”: A problematic document is precisely why we need the SSPX within the Church.  Say what you will about "holocaust denying" bishops(which is untrue btw if you read what he said, although I'm no SSPX supporter), there are bishops who teach actual heresy who are within the fold of the Church today. Reconciliation requires some level of unity, but there is and always will be diverse schools of thought within the Church. It's silly to apply a standard to the SSPX which is not applied to every other entity within the Church.

I am pretty sure Mrs. BC and I will be attending the Green Bay Pro-Life Wisconsin Banquet featuring David Bereit the founder of 40 Days for Life.  Maybe go see the Good Help Shrine.

That is all.

No comments: