The St. Louis Cardinal

Sam Lucero blogs about the upcoming Cardinal Dolan Mass of Thanksgiving this Saturday at Holy Hill near Milwaukee.  ArchMil has some more details.  I think it is fascinating how different Cdls Dolan and Burke are yet they have a very close friendship.  Also +Dolan will also celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving in St. Louis the following Sunday, May 8th at the basilica.  

Wausau Herald profiled a local priest of St. Anne in Wausau who is being reassigned.

There is free beer at The Argument of the Month club in the Twin Cities May 8th.  I'm hoping to make it up there one of these months.  It turns out I like beer too.

Via The Provincial Emails: The Altar as the Center of the Church: by Duncan Stroik, Part I: Principles of Design, and Part II: Conclusion

Was having a discussion about the top three dioceses in the United States.  Even with the departure of the Cardinal and Abp. Carlson doing some funny business down there, I have to think that St. Louis is tops.  If I understand correctly, the Oratory of St. Francis de Sales is the largest Latin Mass community in the US.  Tulsa, OK is up there.  Maybe, Lincoln, NE.  I suppose I could just recklessly put a list together like I know what I'm talking about.

Bishop Callahan has a new radio show online and on a few of the Relevant Radio affiliates.   Speaking of, did you see Relevant Radio's new website?  Great work!  Now if we could just get Catholic Answers and Dr. Ray back on the air..... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious, and I ask this respectfully, on what basis do you claim that Cardinals Burke and Dolan "have a very close friendship?" I think it would require special knowledge of both men to make an assertion like that. We can, of course, presume that both pray for each other and wish the very best for one another, but "a very close friendship" is something rather special and personal.

Badger Catholic said...

Stories that have been relayed to me.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the Dolan event near Milwaukee (Holy Hill) called:
"A Special Mass of Thanksgiving in Honor of his Elevation to the Sacred College of Cardinals."
I've never seen such a title. Can you parse that one? It looks like the Cardinal is to be worshipped.
Plus, the "Sacred" was dropped from the names of Curial Congregations years ago. These are only men and I think the word "sacred" accrues to only God.
Thanks.