Roundup: Nestorius edition

Diocese of La Crosse has hired a new development director and a new communications director.

Archdiocese of Milwaukee replaces the vocal Fr. James Connell as vice-chancellor.  He was also recently honored by SNAP

Madison Catholic Herald is hiring.

Green Bay diocese has appointed a "living justice director."  It looks like they are looking for a communications director.

This Sunday, August 5th is the Feast of the Dedication of Saint Mary Major in Rome. Due to the affiliation of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe to the Papal Basilica of Saint Mary Major, a plenary indulgence may be gained under the usual conditions.
The dedication of St Mary Major symbolised the reception by the West of the Council of Ephesus (431 AD).  The condemnation of Nestorius' teaching by the Council focussed on his rejection of the title of Theotokos for the Blessed Virgin
I forgot this a while back, but Archbishop Listecki had a good reflection on the tragedy in Colorado.  

Influenza, I think I have it, or had it, it's hard to tell.  Finally starting to feel better.  I was so sick on Sunday I didn't make it to Mass.  It's been at least five years since that's happened. 

2 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

Haven't you been sick a couple of times this past summer - what if it's Lyme's disease?

Badger Catholic said...

I was thinking mono. Which makes me think of that great line from Waynes World: "I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored."

I've been wondering if it's AC. I mean, I'm breathing fresh air each day for like less than 10% of my day.