Photos and video from Our Lady of Good Help anniversary



I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it made me laugh.

I took a few photos.

Monday evening we arrived just as the rosary procession was beginning. Parking was full so they had people parking in the field in back. As we approached the priest was reading an account of the Peshtigo Fire.... It was actually pretty intense.

Youtube did something weird with the video. Hope I don't make you dizzy.


Then we processed outside for the rosary procession. I didn't realize this but the rosary procession goes all night, I think they start one at the top of each hour. Adoration went throughout the night. The first rosary reader did it in kind of a distracting fashion, but more distracting was the youth group near us who had to mock her throughout the procession. I called to mind the mockery of Christ, and perhaps his mother.



The homily from Mass the next day.


I was surprised that Bp. Ricken was not there, nor any priests of the diocese. I guess it was priest unity days in Green Bay over the same time.  There were probably slightly more people at the rosary procession than for the Mass.  Now next time(I'm looking at you Brian from IL) BC fans are there, we'll have to meet up afterwards.  I saw Peggy from Pro-Life Wisconsin there with her husband and some friends from the Rochester area.

After Mass I went down for consecration, like totally.  I was packed so I was kind of off to the side.  


I'd like to make this trip an annual event for my family.  Well worth the trip.  Total Consecration went well.  One thing I knew is that it is literally impossible to do all the things I feel called to do on my own.  If I ever accomplish any of them, I can chalk it up to this devotion.

The current chapel is the fourth, here is the previous chapel...


Not sure if this chapel had a crypt chapel.  The statue in the crypt chapel is directly under the spot that the apparition occurred.  Yes. That. is. awesome.

Want to know what the fifth chapel will look like? :)

2 comments:

David said...

I believe that's Youtube's digital image stabilization (to offset any shaking in the video) that you're seeing in the video...

Anonymous said...

dress code sign is useful, I once saw a woman get kicked out of a Russian Orthodox Cathedral for not having her hair covered, "this isn't a museum!" she was told. Funny how some tourists love being uber-respectful/tolerant visiting mosques but think they can do whatever they want in a Church. That doesn't fly with the Russians. Oddly enough I have even heard of churches in France cracking down on dress code issues in terms of poorly clad tourists.