It seems

I am due for a roundup.

Not a whole lot going on actually.  Election facepalms have slowed down.

Dominic Pio continues to slowly recover.  I've been following and praying. 

Madison Cathedral parish is proposing to convert an old school to student housing for UW.  Originally the diocese planned to have housing at St. Paul's Student Center, but either the university or city planning commission didn't want to disturb the existing architectural ... harmony with the surrounding buildings.  The existing building is a concrete bunker.

I have no PTO so I won't be at tomorrow's Mass at the Guadalupe Shrine.  If you have pictures, send them and I will post.

GK Chesterton on Santa Claus: New York Times Dec. 22, 1912

Wisconsin Family Action has posted a video of the Capital Christmas display in Madison.

I heard Christopher Check has left Chronicles magazine and is now development director for Catholic Answers.  I'll be disappointed if he will no longer be able to do speaking engagements in the area. 
For nearly two decades, Christopher Check, a former captain in the Marine Corps, served as vice president of The Rockford Institute, publisher of Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture. In August, he began a new position as director of development at Catholic Answers. His recorded lectures on church history are available from Angelus Press. Until May of next year, he and his family will continue to live in Rockton, Illinois, where they show and breed Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, famed companions of the Stuart kings, under the kennel name Top Meadow Cavaliers, named for G.K. Chesterton’s Beaconsfield estate.
Abp. Listecki recently visited St. Stephen Parish in Oak Creek. I guess they did a renovation, has anyone seen pictures?

Plans for Knights of Divine Mercy in La Crosse still in the works.

Worst Free Throw Ever.

My car in one day's time has two tire leaks and either the water pump went out or the engine blew up. I hate Grand Ams.

One of my sons successfully ran into the living room, tripped and face planted into the coffee table, and punched his tooth through his lip and knocked a tooth backwards.  The dentist said the tooth might turn black and blue.  I didn't know they did that.

Which not 24 hours later, this is the exchange from the two oldest boys:

J:  You are free to eat.
A pretends to pick up food and J takes it from him and says, "Chomp chomp."
J:  You are free to eat.
Repeat sequence from above.
J:  You are free to eat.
A:  AM I?
J:  ARE YOU?
Big kung foo fighting for a few minutes.
A:  I'm not hungry.
In case you were wondering:

2 comments:

James K Savonarola said...

St. Stephens is like other modern churches with a half circle set up, with lots of windows and the basic free standing alter...oh forgot to mention a per code ramp to the alter on the side...but I have only been there a few times last year

James K Savonarola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.