Kiley Hackl: Called to be holy: God will help us

From a commmenter; found this article Kiley wrote many years ago about marriage and how spouses are called to lead one another to heaven.
When I first read the second reading for this Sunday, I thought it kind of silly. The reading is only two verses long and most of it is Paul's greeting to the church of Corinth.

I thought to myself, now why would the church choose this short reading to be read on a Sunday? But, when I read it again, it hit me - BAM - right between the eyes. Paul says "to you who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be holy . . ." Right there it is, called to be holy! Holy! I am called to be holy! And sometimes that can be hard.

I have been married for just three months. Before we were married, my husband and I heard a talk that mentioned that spouses are called to lead one another to heaven.

What a beautiful way to look at marriage. But I also thought what an awesome responsibility that was. Not only must we help to make one another better people, but with that we must do our best to lead one another to heaven!
continue at Madison Catholic Herald 

Kiley passed away yesterday survived by her husband and five young children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for this family! Yes, my prayers will be with you during this difficult time of mourning the loss of a beautiful wife and mother. May the angels lead her into Paradise. May God put His loving arms around this family and make them courageous in this very sad time. Help them to understand God does have a special plan in all of this. I do not know this family, but I do know the love and grace of God, our Redeemer, will be at their side holding them in His arms, because He does know what suffering is all about. God be with you at this time. Sending love and prayers, Mary from Lincoln, NE.