Tuesday, October 15, 2013

St. Teresa of Avila, Doctor of the Church, ora pro nobis!

Convent of Santa Teresa, Avila de los Caballeros, Spain
Photograph by Hakan Svensson, 2004
But His Majesty well knows that I can count only upon His Mercy, and, as I cannot apporach God and trust in the merits of His Son, and of the Virgin, His Mother, who habit both you and I unworthily wear. Praise Him, my daughters, for you are really the daughters of Our Lady, and when you have as good a Mother as that there is no reason for you to be scandalized at my unworthiness. Imitate Our Lady and consider how great she must be and what a good thing it is that we have her for our Patroness; even my sins and my being what I am have not been sufficient to bring any kind of tarnish upon this sacred Order. –Page 76
via St. Peter's List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contact matt@badgercatholic.com if you have issues commenting.