Happy to Join the Team!

As Badger Catholic tries to extend its reach and ministry throughout the great state of Wisconsin, a handful of additional writers/ bloggers will hopefully be joining the team.  I am one of those who has been grateful to have been extended the opportunity to write for the blog.

My name is Josh Dieterich and I am responsible for Middle School and Adult Formation at St. Mary's Visitation Parish in Elm Grove, WI, in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. I  have been a regular reader and commenter here on Badger Catholic for a number of years, using the name "JoshD".  I have been in parish ministry for nearly 15 years in a number of capacities (primarily Youth Ministry, but I do it all), but I have also enjoyed the privilege of serving in a number of situations for which I was able to write either news or commentary pertaining to the Faith, which will continue here at The Badger Catholic Blog.  I studied Church History at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago and Catechetics at Franciscan University of Steubenville in Steubenville, OH.

I have been married for a little over 9 years and we have four wonderful children (Luke-8, JohnPaul-7, Nathanael- 5, Christina-4) and a fifth due September 14th.  We live in Brookfield, WI, and attend St. Anthony's Parish in Milwaukee.

I will be blogging primarily on events and issues relative to the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, as well as trying to develop an interview series of prominent Catholics and their ministries throughout the state.  I will be limited in my commentary on certain topics as a professional minister of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, but I will humbly do my best to serve the wonderful community of committed Wisconsin (and out-of-state Cheeseheads) Catholics that can be found among the bloggers and readers of The Badger Catholic Blog.

St. John Vianney- Pray for Us!

3 comments:

Badger Catholic said...

Great to have you aboard Josh! Welcome!

Cris said...

Welcome - and thank you for your service to the Church

Anonymous said...

your post just introduced this soon to be Cheesehead (God willing!) to a nifty looking parish to check out!