WBAY: She ran away from abuse, now running for abuse victims

Green Bay -Running requires focus, determination and strength. So does escaping an abusive and dangerous marriage.

Jennifer Chaudoir knows both.

"I used to walk every morning, and then one morning in my winter boots and jeans my walking turned into running, and since then it's been... I started running with emotions and I realized I could run. It's given me confidence, made me a better mom."

As a victim and now survivor, she started running to get away and found herself running to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in Champion in Brown County.

On Sunday morning she's set to embark on quite a feat: To run 30 miles to raise awareness and money for domestic violence victims along a route from her Green Bay home to the chapel.

"I'm going to be wearing this shirt, writing names on the back of victims and survivors."

She's trying to show other victims there is always hope -- something she learned from counselors at Golden House in Green Bay. Part of her donations will go to the domestic violence shelter.
continue at WBAY (video)

No comments: