Photos of St. Joseph's Oratory Basilica in Montreal

Two weeks ago I posted photos of the shrine at Lourdes for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. That led me to post photos of some other basilicas I visited during the pilgrimage.

Continuing with that general theme, I thought I'd post some photos of St. Joseph's Oratory, which I had the opportunity to visit during a work trip to Montreal back in September. Not only is the Oratory a beautiful church, but it's also the home of St. André of Montreal, a lay brother of the Congregation of Holy Cross whose intercession is credited for thousands of miraculous healings.

Known as "Brother Andre", the saint was a doorman known for his great devotion to St. Joseph and was canonized by Pope Benedict in 2010.


The basilica's exterior from the parking lot

A timeline of Brother Andre's life and canonization

Just a few of the many crutches left by believers healed at the oratory

The interior of the church

The sanctuary

The Alter and Tabernacle

The Crucifix from the back of the Sanctuary

I am always deeply moved by the Crucified Christ hanging in agony

The chapel where St. Andre lived and prayed

The interior of the chapel

More crutches and engraved plaques commemorating miracles granted through the intercession of St. Joseph

The living quarters of Brother Andre

Another view of Brother Andre's living quarters

No comments: