Former Packers coach Mike Sherman serves as keynote speaker at ‘A Day for Men’ at St. Norbert Abbey

DE PERE — Former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman received a rousing standing ovation following his keynote address at “A Day for Men,” Saturday, March 14, at St. Norbert Abbey. Sherman addressed faith, which he described as “the important stuff.”

“I’ve wrestled with God a bunch of times,” he said. “I felt like he has abandoned me at times. You are dealing with an imperfect person.”

“For 50 years of my life, everything went exactly as I had planned,” explained Sherman, 60. “Everything was perfect. I always got the job. I had never been fired from a job. God and I were on the same wavelength. We were talking back and forth. I thought, ‘this is how it is supposed to be.’ I felt good about my Christianity and I felt very comfortable sharing that with other people.”

Sherman, who emphasized that losing a job pales in comparison to what other people deal with in their lives, said the effort he put forth with the Packers made his dismissal more difficult.
continue at The Compass

Men of Christ - let's get coach next year!

No comments: