Pray for those who persecute you

I was working for a bar in Houston, MN.  I walked in mid morning to the regulars watching TV.  Per usual I thought they were watching daytime television, the Price is Right or something, but the owner muttered something about a terrorist attack.  Then I turned and looked.

via Time
Olivier Picard, photo editor and photographer; former Director of Photography for U.S. News and World Report.

 “Since we were based in Washington, D.C., we had no communication with New York for the first couple of hours. The deadline for closing our special issue was the next day. I didn’t sleep. We published an image by freelance photographer Patrick Witty that for me best evokes that tumultuous morning. It is 9:59 a.m. and New Yorkers witness the collapse of the South Tower. Their reaction was mine. Immediate. Disbelief. Raw. Violent.”

No comments: