La Crosse Diocese's Mater Redemptoris House of Formation to close


email:
Dear Parents and Young Girls,

Peace in Christ. I pray this finds you doing well today.

It is with sadness that I must inform you that we have to cancel the Come, Follow Days for July 1-2nd.

We were informed this past Saturday that Bishop Callahan is ending our ministry here at Mater Redemptoris House of Formation. Our last day will be June 30th. The House will now be used for the Men's Formation program called Regency.

I will be shredding all checks already received in the mail. Since our fiscal year started in July I had been holding on to them to deposit.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Oh, and will you please confirm receiving this email so I know you have been informed about the cancellation of the Come, Follow Days.

THANK YOU so much for your understanding. It has truly been a joy and honor to serve you and your children these past years. We will greatly miss you!

Please keep us in your prayers!
Gratefully in Christ,
Sister M. Consolata

Mater Redemptoris House of Formation
A ministry of the Diocese of La Crosse and
The Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George.

This is a great order of sisters, and my daughter was just getting close to old enough to attend some of their vocation discernment events.  Then-Bishop Burke had built a building and chapel on the diocese property and brought in the Sisters of the Martyrs of St George to foster vocations for young women.  The sisters are based out of Alton, IL and serve in many locations around the US.  I don't know any details other than the email.  There are very few orders of women religious in the area with solid formation and a realistic future in the Church.  I can only hope this means perhaps another order will be brought in to fill this serious need in the La Crosse Diocese.

The new men's program sounds interesting; this is the first I've heard of it.

No comments: