A busy week worth blathering about

After the Bishop Callahan festivities, I went camping Thursday - Saturday at Devils Lake State Park with some fellow Catholic men.  Very nice park and I've enjoyed going in the past.  Unfortunately we got complete rained out Friday and spent the day driving through flooded streets trying to stay dry(which didn't work).  If you are in the Baraboo area I highly recommend The Barn restaurant.  Great Friday fish, great beer, and great service.  I was able to see the Tears of St Lawrence Thursday night and got a good hike in Saturday before leaving.   Verso l'alto has some pictures.  Yes... we had Mass outdoors at our campsite.  I'm not a big fan of the outdoor Mass especially since we were only a few miles from a couple churches... but I'll take what I can get.  Had a little time left over to pray in front of Planned Parenthood in Portage. 

.....Yes... this was a dare.... 
....and honestly not that bad.  I can't stand Budweiser(the taste) so I'd take an Old Milwaukee any day of the week over a Bud.

Sunday we attended St. Mary's Ridge for the Assumption feast and everything from the Traditional Mass to the Procession to the meal was great, except for the strong winds.  I was told that's how it is up on the ridge... I realized I've been a valley dweller my whole life.  Fr. Gardner had a great homily.  Mr. Catholic Beer Review made an English Brown Ale which was absolutely fantastic.  I really think he could start his own microbrew and be successful.  A very solid community up there. 

And I already told you about Irishfest in La Crosse.  Found out Sunday after the bands finish they give away free beer(Guinness, the real stuff!)  Would like some year to make it to Irishfest in Milwaukee. 

And a Happy Anniversary to my lovely wife, Mrs. Badger.  Thank you for putting up with my idiotic ramblings and constant nit picking.  I hope the boys give you time for some R&R today.

No comments: