Polka Friday! Škoda lásky

Or as Americans have come to call it the Beer Barrel Polka.  The Czech take their Polka-ing very seriously! 




The original name of the song is Skoda lásky or "Wasted Love/Pity Love".... A little less jolly than roll out the barrel. 


Czech:

Szkoda miłości - żal za utraconą miłością
Kwiecie róży, któż ci to uczynił?
Dziś już Tobie nic to nie pomoże,
Kwiaty zwiędną, listki z nich opadną,
Jak łzy moje na tę trawę zimną.
Ciecze woda, dookoła płynie,
Nie było litości dla błękitnych oczu,
Chciałabym żyć tylko dla Ciebie,
Że mą miłość złamiesz, nigdy nie myślałam.
refren:
Szkoda miłości, którą Tobie dałam,
Szkoda łez mych, które wypłakałam,
Moja młodość przeszła, tak, jak sen,
Na zawsze tylko mi zostało jeno,
W sercu mym wspomnienie to.

English(literal):


Roses, for those who can, roses, Who for the Museums,
no longer help you today, but it will not help you tonight,
bloom, wither, leaves them fall, bloom, wither, leaves fall of Them
As my tears on the cold grass. and my tears on the cold grass here.

Flows, water, spins around, Fortress, water, spins around,
I do not regret blue eyes This is regretted blue eyes,
I would be living just for you, I WAS just for you lived
that my love bug, I thought. Woods that my bug, I thought it.

Chorus:
Pity the love I gave you, pity you, I love you away,
my own eyes, I would have cried, you are my Dad, now I would've cried,
My youth, fled like a dream, My youth, fled drought and sleep,
I have left everything to just, for me only remaining all
in the heart of my recollection only. in my heart the memory yen.

No comments: