LaetificatMadison: Chasing the NETWORK Nuns on the Bus

Fr. Z has even already picked up Elizabeth's post. 

Read the whole thing at Laetificat.

A few excerpts:
We were approaching Janesville when we saw them! Jeanne happens to be the aunt of Matt of Badger Catholic blog, and she excitedly called and left him a voicemail that we were right behind the Nuns on the Bus!
True story, I got several messages but I was in training.  I talked to Jeanne yesterday and told her it was like listening to storm chasers.
Sister Rosalia Bauer, habit-less like the NETWORK sisters but totally pro-life (Jeanne knows her) and disagreeing with them, stood up on a coffee table and was swarmed by reporters wanting to talk to her. “You disagree with what they’re doing?” asked a Milwaukee TV reporter. “I certainly do, and I’m embarrassed that my fellow religious sisters are doing this,” she replied.
I asked, because I really couldn’t figure out what [Sr Campbell] meant, what she meant when she said recently that she feels like she would get a rash if she described her social justice work as being pro-life. She didn’t comment on that.
On her way back to the bus, I asked Sr Simone whether she supported the Fortnight for Freedom. She said something about it being complicated. I asked if she opposed the HHS contraceptive mandate. It’s complicated, she said. NETWORK supported passage of the Affordable Care act, and praised the Obama Administrations for its completely inadequate “conscience accommodations,” and as far as I know have not expressed any concern since for religious freedom issues the legislation raises.
Check out the rest there. 

3 comments:

Kat said...

Woah. I had no idea I knew your aunt. Such a small world.

Elizabeth D said...

LOL about storm chasers.

When Fr Z links your blog you realize just how many readers he has! Whoa, I have gotten over 1100 hits from him so far.

Badger Catholic said...

Yes, it is fun to watch!