AoftheA: "Everything"

She was in the vestibule outside the Adoration Chapel when I arrived for my Holy Hour, a few minutes before midnight. I hadn’t seen her before. But then, plenty of people come to the Chapel, outside of those who have committed to taking an hour. Her back was to the door, standing at the small bookshelf upon which sat a prayer intention book, beneath the dry erase board where folks could write special intentions, hoping that adorers would remember them, and take them inside the Chapel with them. I don’t even think she saw me enter. I wrote my name in the sign-in book for my hour – midnight, Sunday – and then went in to be with the Lord.

Jeff was still there, the 11:00 PM guy. We acknowledged each other quietly. I genuflected and took my “regular” spot – second kneeler from the front, left hand side. I knelt, greeted our Lord and began to pray.

About ten minutes later, the woman from the vestibule came in. She was about 5’5″, blond, 35-40 I guessed. She laid her coat in the seat directly in front of me, then prostrated herself on the floor, face down for several minutes.

And wept.
continue at Acts of the Apostasy

3 comments:

Dan Miller said...

Powerful...

Larry Denninger said...

Thanks for the link, WBB. God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving.

Badger Catholic said...

Blessing to you and yours Larry!

... WBB?