Tantumblogo: An awesome story regarding Cardinal Burke

UPDATE:
Here is the true story: Cardinal Burke and the 1998 conversion of one of "Wisconsin’s most outspoken gay activists"
 
Reader GM sent this to me and I thought it was well worth sharing. From Vox Cantoris, a story regarding Cardinal Burke’s virtue and concern for souls:

A few years ago, I read a story on the Internet, which I can no longer find; it was written by a man that once suffered from same-sex attraction.

He wrote that he was outraged that then Bishop Burke of LaCrosse in Wisconsin would speak out firmly against sodomy. This man sent letters to the Bishop, hateful and spiteful letters. A few years later, he had a conversion to Christ and His Church. By then, Raymond Leo Burke was the Archbishop of St. Louis, in Missouri. The man that harassed him so many times sought him out in St. Louis and was surprised when the Archbishop accepted his request for a meeting. He came to the Archbishop and apologised. Archbishop Burke then went to a closet to retrieve a shoebox. Inside the shoebox were all the letters of harassment and hate that the man had sent to him. Archbishop Burke explained that he would regularly pray over the letters for the man and gave him back his letters with his blessing.

I have a personal friend that knows Cardinal Burke personally, I told him this story and his reply was, “I don’t know that I’ve ever heard that but I believe it because that is exactly the kind of thing that Cardinal Burke would do.”
continue at A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics

Do any locals know the story?  I'll see if I can confirm it.

Photo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can read the story "Coming Out of Sodom" by Eric Hess in Celebrate Life Magazine 2011-09-29 http://www.clmagazine.org/article/index/id/OTI2Mw/

Badger Catholic said...

Thank you!!!

Vox Cantoris said...

Wow. Thank you!