Doyle's Enemy of the State

Gov. Jim Doyle has vetoed legislation Wednesday that would have legalized the sale of raw milk to consumers.

"I don't think this was an absolute easy question one way or the other but I think in the end it was one I had to make a decision on," Doyle told reporters. "I think I clearly in those cases have to rely on what the public health people [men with money] are telling me."

Sen. Glenn Grothman (R-West Bend) blasted Doyle's decision, saying consumers should have the ability to choose raw milk if they believe it has special health benefits.

"I think (Doyle's decision to veto the bill) was a combination of the agribusiness industry who, whatever they say, were afraid of losing a little market share, and the public health establishment that is instinctively afraid of freedom of any sort," Grothman said. "I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for all the people with stomach ailments, autism and other ailments who are going to have to try to obtain a product illegally because their government doesn't believe in freedom."

By an overwhelming margin, the state Legislature passed the bill sought by some farmers and consumers who believe that raw, unpasteurized milk has qualities that boost the immune system and can cure a plethora of ailments.
Mil Journal Sentinal

Cows and family farms, Doyle's enemies of the State.  Now he can sleep safe at night putting farmers(and cows?) behind bars.  Doyle's Democrat party is one of Big farm and Big labor.  Thanks for sticking it to the little guy.

4 comments:

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

Wow... I am a fan of raw milk. I am no hippie (although since having my child I might face indictment as a weird Catholic version of one :P) but I think the Milk issue in this country is crazy.

I see this issue as a state issue, just like autos in detroit, computers out west, apples in washington etc...

It is sooooo funny to see the money rule the day here. So much sciene is in support of Raw milk for many people, that it just doesn't make sense to 1. not allow it and 2. VETO a bill that made it to his desk.

We struggle to find raw milk when we can.

Badger Catholic said...

LOL, yes we feel like hippies sometimes too. Some WI state agencies have been going in and literally closing down farms if they find out that they have sold raw milk.

The fact the dairy state can have people this ignorant of how dairy works running the state is ridiculous.

I like your comment about how this is a state issue. Maybe Idaho should outlaw un-pesticided potatoes.

Dad29 said...

Money talks.

Badger Catholic said...

Hmm, I'd like to find out exactly who these lobbying groups are and bring a little light to the darkness.