The other Transitus - FSPA in La Crosse

I was wondering if the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration also celebrated the Franciscan calendar, and I ran across this.  
Each year on the anniversary of his death in 1226, Franciscans venerate the death of St. Francis of Assisi by celebrating the Transitus, his transition from this life into the eternal.

Therese and I were privileged to be invited by Sr. Rochelle into the celebration this evening at St. Rose Convent. The liturgy filled me with awe. And it was a glimpse into what liturgy can be with women in leadership. I thought of what Kurt Vonnegut once wrote: “Here is what women really want: They want lives in folk societies, wherein everyone is a friendly relative, and no act or object is without holiness.”
Mary, Mother of the Church - La Crosse parish blog

Ummm, move along, nothing more to see here.

1 comment:

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Same old, same old...pathetic!
Better that I stymie myself here and pray for St. Francis' and St. Clare's intercession...yeah, that's it:<)!