A few photos from the Guadalupe Shrine Patronal Weekend

Sorry, I'm kind of a glutton when it comes to taking photos and apparently slothful in posting these.  Bishop Sample of Marquette, MI in the house with Bishop Joseph Madera of the Queen of Americas Guild.  Also the Friars of the Immaculate broadcasting the event, along with providing Adoration and Liturgy of the Hours.. I wish I had time to come up every day for that.  You may have seen this cool video they posted.  BTW, the Shrine looks very nice with the dedication candles lit on the walls.  The photos really didn't do it justice. 















5 comments:

Eugene J. Diamond said...

Thanks for posting these good photographs, Matt.

Anonymous said...

(This is Brian) I just had the great pleasure of meeting Bishop Sample when he came here to Wakefield, Michigan last week for a special Mass honoring our 90 year old retired Priest, Father Louis Bracket. I think that he's doing great things here in the Marquette Diocese, but I can't help but wonder how much longer he'll be here..... One day at a time.......

Badger Catholic said...

Brian, I agree. He was so young when he was ordained he seemed destined for something larger.. I've thought Detroit before because of the proximity but it could be anywhere.

Anonymous said...

(This is Brian) Matt, I agree with you. Right now, there are 14 U.S. Catholic Dioceses (7 vacant, 7 where the Bishop is serving past retirement age) that are waiting for new Bishops. This includes Denver and San Francisco. Next January, Cardinal George in Chicago turns 75. I don't expect him to be replaced for a least two more years, barring unforseen circumstances. I wonder if Bishop Sample would be a potential Chicago candidate? Again, only time will tell. Next February, the Archbishop of Portland, Oregon also turns 75, so there's another new Bishop who will be needed. Finally, if/when Bishop Sample is moved to another (Arch)Diocese, it will be very interesting to see who replaces him in Marquette.

Terry Nelson said...

Beautiful photos - you are so fortunate to live so close and to have access to the friars.