Packers coach talks pre-game prayer

What’s something you always tell your team before they go out on the field?

I’ve used a new routine over the last year and a half, having a player be the last person to speak to the team before a game. That’s been interesting. It was unusual at first, but there are good reasons why I did that. The last thing I say to the team is a prayer that highlights scripture from the Bible that’s representative of our theme for the week. After the Bible verse, we say the Lord’s prayer, and then I call one of the three captains up to speak to the team before we take the field. My last message to the team is actually Saturday night. That’s when I go through all the reminders, expectations for the game, and my thoughts on where we are and what we need to do.
Packers.com

Photo
HT Greg( 2 for 2!)

4 comments:

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

I am in a dilemma this playoffs. The Lions are actually in... ummm ummm ummm ummm...

Heh ::nervous laugh:: I am sure everything will be fine... right?
We don't own ANY Lions gear... only packers.
Everyone keeps coming to us up here in AK going "THE LIONS!!!" They are a feel-good favorite right now for people...

Badger Catholic said...

Well if you can handle rooting for pagans....

Anonymous said...

I'm a Bears fan but I'll be pulling for the Pack in the playoffs.

Cathy D said...

Very disappointed Packers fans in our house. For some reason we didn't get a game broadcast in our city. My dh said it had something to do with NFL broadcast rules. (We live in St. Louis.)