Cardinal Burke is in town


Well he will be soon if he's not already.

Tomorrow is the Queen of the America's Guild Conference.  Full schedule is here.  Even if you can't make it to the conferences, the regular Masses are open to the public.  I heard that Bishop Hying of Milwaukee will be there on Saturday.  I'm planning to at least attend Mass but depending on how my overtime is going working for my German Overlords, I may try to attend some of the talks as well.  I made it for a day of this conference last year and it was good.  Not to get sidetracked or anything, but the best conference the Shrine hosts every year is the Marian Symposium.  Not to say the others are not good of course, but that is where the bar is set, lol.  .... hmm, I checked and didn't see it listed on the events this year.... *sigh*

Then there is the Dedication Anniversary and St. Juan Diego Guild Day on July 31st which is a Tuesday this year.  All of our children are enrolled in the Guild. 

Also then Wednesday and Thursday there is the Canon Law Conference. Guest speakers include Most Reverend Salvatore Cordileone, William Daniel, J.C.L., Dr. Kurt Martens and Brendan Wilson, J.D. I think one can still register online at www.guadalupeshrine.org.  Let's hope this years event is a little less exciting than last year's....  

There are some more events in the area I think.  We almost need a Cardinal Burke watch to keep track of the tons of events he goes to.  I'm not convinced the man sleeps. 

2 comments:

Greg said...

The Friars move the location of the Marian Symposium every few years to keep things "fresh". Look for it at their Bloomington, IN friary or at one of the friaries on the East Coast this year.

Badger Catholic said...

Thanks for the info Greg