Photos: Queen of Americas Guild Mass at Guadalupe Shrine

At the end of Mass, the Cardinal mentioned the efforts of Bishop Ricken to help promote the three Shrines, Guadalupe in La Crosse, Holy Hill near Milwaukee, and Good Help in Robinsonville.  That is interesting, and I can't wait to see what happens from that effort.  There were Carmelites from Holy Hill there at Mass concelebrating which I was very happy to see. 

I was hoping to meet Anne Bender and Bishop Hying after Mass.  Note, when meeting someone for the first time, schedule the place and time(Anne and I realized that afterwards in an email exchange).  I never did find Anne in the scuddle after Mass, and there was quite a long receiving line afterwards for the Cardinal and Bp Hying.  So fail.  I did get you all some pictures though. 

So for a total tangent.. I'm never sure how to approach a bishop from this state.  I mean, I do:
Step one: It's nice to meet you, Your Excellency.
Step two: Kiss the ring
Step three: I appreciate everything you are doing for the Church
Step four: Sometimes they ask where your from or other pleasantries
Step five: Answer
Step six: Hope you enjoy .  Safe travels(if there is optional travel).

But... so I know for sure at least one of the bishops keeps tabs here.  But also, we post stuff that can shed diocesan and other institution(WRTL) efforts in a bad light.  I'm sure that angry emails have made their way to bishops desks with links to this blog.  Sooo, that little tidbit I leave out of it.  There's a priest from my diocese I want to join as a contributor but I don't want him any more trouble than he needs.  Somebody's gotta be that guy.  Catholic hospitals all making millions off of contraception.  Apb Weakland signing recall.  Most women religious orders in complete disarray.  I mean, somebody's go to say it.  Man, who put a quarter in me.  Don't mind me, there's some nice pictures here. 









7 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for posting these pictures Matt! I did ask about you at the information desk before Mass and there was a nun there who told me that she knew you and had seen you there the day before... My kids and I were sitting in the front row on the far right side for Mass, not that it matters now, but I rarely get a front row seat for special Masses so it was an extra delight. I'm looking forward to the next time that our paths will cross-we'll be sure to plan well so we can meet!

Badger Catholic said...

Interesting! I was on the far left side with my wife. Yes, planning next time, glad you enjoyed the trip!

Kat said...

Does anyone else think Bishop Hying looks a little hipster with those glasses?

Badger Catholic said...

Hahaha, I like the hipster glasses. Well yeah, but isn't the hipster like larger though? Or do the narrow ones count too?

Alive in HOPE! said...

Love the Bishop's glasses and really LOVE these pictures! I so wished I could have been there. Next year, I guess... :)

Unknown said...

how was the music? I heard the KDM schola was going up there to sing.

Badger Catholic said...

I saw a picture of Fr. Heilman but that was from this past Saturday, two days ago. These pictures were from the weekend before. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Luckner who is the Shrine's music director was the organist for this event.