Marquette campus ministry has a good idea?

Candlelight Mass at St. Joan of Arc chapel.



Marquette Campus Ministry

Now have the priest turn around and face God and chant the Word.

Also check out this status update encouraging students to sign up for the March for Life.

Marquette Campus Ministry at one time shut down an effort by students to have a regular Traditional Latin Mass.  At one point I was going to get testimony from those involved and do a post.  ... If you know the scoop, send it to me and I will post anonymously. 

And it's always disappointing to see Taize prayer.  Or this... okay, I'm back to discouraged. 

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

@"Now have the priest turn around and face God and chant the Word."

You'll have to come up to Saints Peter and Paul in Wisconsin Rapids for this. Tuesdays during Advent SSPP offers a Rorate Mass (Mass by candlelight) at 5:15pm. It is simply beautiful. I could not find pictures from this past Tuesday, but here is something from last year: http://www.sspeterandpaulcatholic.com/2011/11/pictures-from-rorate-mass.html

Badger Catholic said...

Awesome, thanks Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

I don't get the comment about "facing God" although chanting is good. I'd assume this is a comment about ad orientem (which I enjoy), but it makes it sound like the Eucharist in the priest's hands isn't God. Just a thought.