GBPG: 500 faithful join Walk to Mary

The muffled sound of shoes moving along the tarmac in De Pere announced the passing of several hundred walkers participating in the 21-mile Walk to Mary Saturday in Brown County.

The walk took pilgrims from the National Shrine of St. Joseph located at St. Norbert Abbey in De Pere to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in Champion. For many, the event was a chance to get closer with their Catholic faith, while also calling attention to Catholic education for children.

“I believe it’s going to help build my faith,” said Jerry DeGroot of Bellevue, one of the pilgrims. “It’s good to pray to Mary, she helps a lot of people through prayer.”

This was his first time attempting a walk of 20-plus miles.

“I have a Rosary with me and I’m going to pray to Mary,” DeGroot said. “If I get sore feet, I’m going to pray and hope that I can make the whole trip. But if not, at least I tried.”
continue at Green Bay Press Gazette (video)

Also Fox11(video)

No comments: