Confirmed: Public Extraordinary Form Mass at Guadalupe Shrine will continue under Friars

I was able to confirm that the 9:30 am Sunday Traditional Latin Mass will continued at the Guadalupe Shrine in La Crosse(also heard the Cardinal himself has confirmed) and will be celebrated by the Friars of the Immaculate.

Still in question is whether or not the Friars can celebrate Mass in the Friary in the EF.  The answer appears to be no.

On my to do list(maybe I should do a post on this list?) was "Start a La Crosse Latin Mass Society."  With the Friars handcuffed now, I'll just cross that off.

Fr. Maximilion's comments make me feel a little better. 

1 comment:

thetimman said...

I think a Latin Mass Society is a good idea, and doesn't need to be tied to providing a TLM venue or venue-specific support.

It can be great for a central resource, or rally point, can sponsor catechetical or theological conferences, media contacts and outreach, and practical and financial support for materials and help to priests and faithful.

Lot of work, yes-- but if you're willing I wouldn't shelve it.

Keep up the great blogging.