Taylor Marshall on the Franciscans of the Immaculate situation

Father Stefano Manelli
Pope Francis has instructed that the Franciscans of the Immaculate may not celebrate the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. No more Latin Mass for the FIs – without permission.

Readers of my blog know that I am an associate member of the Franciscan of the Immaculate’s MIM. I’ve been a fan of the Franciscans of the Immaculate for awhile now.

So what’s going on?

The order’s founder is Father Stefano Manelli. He is a man known for his sanctity. He received his first Holy Communion from Padre Pio in 1938. He is also the author of one of my favorite books on Mary, Devotion to Our Lady. I give out copies of this book.

Over time Father Manelli has gravitated toward the Latin Mass of 1962, the Latin Breviary of 1961, and to Msgr. Brunero Gherardini’s reading of Vatican II.

Here is my subjective, non-authoritative, outsider’s interpretation of the facts:
continue at Canterbury Tales

Yep, go read, great post.  

Also this: Vatican Insider Interview with FI Spokesman

No comments: