Cubs fan watches Game 7 of World Series at cemetery with late father

GREENWOOD, Ind. (WTHR) - A North Carolina man drove back home to Indiana to keep a decades-old promise to his father.

Wayne Williams drove in for the Game 7 of the World Series.

"The gate was open," he says as he drives in.

He's not at the ballpark. He's watching it with his dad.

"Got a W flag. Not supposed to fly until after the actual win," Williams said, going over his supplies.

His dad, also named Wayne Williams, was waiting for him.

"I talked it out with my boys forever. I let them know that I told my dad - we had a pact. When the Cubs - not if, when - the Cubs got into the World Series, we would make sure we listen to the games together," Williams said.

Look, dad, here's your son, keeping his part of the bargain.
continue at WTHR

Perhaps he gained that indulgence while he was there too.



No comments: