Matt Abbott: Latest on St. John Cantius

I emailed the Congregation of the Resurrection and received a response from Father Gene Szarek, provincial superior of the order.

I had asked: “I'm inquiring as to whether there's been a decision about the status of Father C. Frank Phillips of St. John Cantius Church? It's my understanding that the Congregation of the Resurrection has completed its own investigation into the allegations of inappropriate conduct by Father Phillips.”

Father Szarek responded: “No final decision has been reached. When it is, interested persons will be informed. Thank you for your inquiry.”

I followed up with this question: “Thank you, Father. Are you able to divulge what the review board concluded as to the veracity of the allegations?”

Father Szarek responded: “Not yet. I want to give the cardinal an opportunity to review the report before I make comments about it.”
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/180322

HT Steve Skojec

No comments: